Sit Walk Dance in Timaru….
Thursdays 5.45 – 6.45 pm
FreeForm Shared Studio, Royal Arcade
$12 casual, $100 for 10 sessions
Starts 10 February and runs weekly
Visit our mix-cloud playlist for session tracks
Most frequent questions and answers
Yes, everyone is welcome to Sit-Walk-Dance. All that is required is a willingness to join in silence.
- Wear clothes that allow you to sit and move in comfort, with layers to keep warm or cool.
- Bare feet are fine or soft shoes that allow you to move with ease
- Bring a drink bottle
Sit-Walk-Dance is a simple way to give movement a go. Most of us can sit and walk and so the dance is just an extension of this. The teacher will guide you with ideas if you find yourself stuck.
No, you can attend as you want AND Sit-Walk-Dance works well as a weekly practice
- Participants report feeling more settled and calmer, at the same time as growing a sense of grounded energy.
- Whether you are feeling restless, stuck or ready to party each part of the Sit-Walk-Dance allows you to move whatever you are feeling.
- It is reported that people who dance regularly are healthier, have keener minds and a calmer presence. Open Floor is an embodied movement practice bringing self-awareness, mindfulness, and purpose to life.